Timber flooring is loved for generations. It has the best ability to adapt for any type of installation and is easy to maintain. It does not pose any threat to your health as it is all-natural material and mostly eco-friendly and hygienic. The traditional flooring option has now become quite versatile with varied range of species, shades and textures of timber.
When you choose to go for hardwood floor installation do not forget to visit the Flooring Domain, an online platform where you can find the directory of professional contractors and flooring companies in Australia. Their main aim is to provide you with a convenient platform where you can easily find the top companies near you and compare their services.
Types of Timber Flooring
The major types of timber flooring are –
- Hardwood (solid timber) flooring
- Engineered timber flooring
- Bamboo flooring
- Laminate flooring
- Parquet flooring
All these types of timber flooring can come in a wide range of shades and textures, many of which can imitate the wooden texture even when the material varies. As you know the solid timber flooring is the planks of timber, which can be laid on the subfloor or simply made as structural floor. It is held with joists and is sanded and polished after installation.
On the other hand, engineered timber floorboards are a combination of a layer of thin timber on top of a thick board of ply. It is a prefinished product, which is either pasted on the subfloor or uses floating floor technique. All these materials have their own merit and demerit, thus choose the right flooring after considering your purpose and aesthetic.
Grading of Timber
Timbers are graded mostly according to its colour, structure and density. It helps in distinguishing the timber and what purpose it can serve. When you check the supply material, you can know that the materials provided are useful for the purpose of building if you see the grade.
Is the Timber Used for Flooring Eco-friendly?
Timbers being eco-friendly does not only mean that it is bio-degradable. It also considers the factors like low carbon footprint, sustainability and recycling. You should also make sure that the timber is not sourced from illegal harvest. Check the FSC or PEFC certification on the timber.
When you are planning to hire a contractor for the installation of your floor, there are certain tips that you must keep in mind –
- Do not go for any popular company blindly. Check the services provided and compare the pricing with other competitive companies. Go only for the best option that suits your budget and requirements.
- Decide on the type of flooring you would need. Discuss with your contractor about the requirements beforehand.
- Do not force your imagination and negate the professional advice. They have more experience and would only suggest the best possible result keeping your requirements in mind.
- Choose a cost-effective deal over a cheaper option. Just how the solid timber flooring may have expensive initial investment, but on the long run it is one of the most cost-effective options.
- Why You Should Never Give Up On Getting Your Dream Home. December 6, 2022
- Quartz Countertops: Making the Right Choice for Your Kitchen November 27, 2022
- Should You Install Flyscreen Doors – Here’s Why It’s a Good Idea. November 24, 2022
- How To Reduce The Heating & Cooling Bills In Your Home. November 18, 2022
- Many reasons as to how a locksmith will increase your security September 21, 2022
- 4 Keypad Door Handle Benefits You Can’t Ignore April 15, 2022
- What Should You Know About Aphids? March 9, 2022
- December 2022
- November 2022
- September 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- April 2019
- February 2019