Timber flooring is loved for generations. It has the best ability to adapt for any type of installation and is easy to maintain. It does not pose any threat to your health as it is all-natural material and mostly eco-friendly and hygienic. The traditional flooring option has now become quite versatile with varied range of species, shades and textures of timber.
When you choose to go for hardwood floor installation do not forget to visit the Flooring Domain, an online platform where you can find the directory of professional contractors and flooring companies in Australia. Their main aim is to provide you with a convenient platform where you can easily find the top companies near you and compare their services.
Types of Timber Flooring
The major types of timber flooring are –
- Hardwood (solid timber) flooring
- Engineered timber flooring
- Bamboo flooring
- Laminate flooring
- Parquet flooring
All these types of timber flooring can come in a wide range of shades and textures, many of which can imitate the wooden texture even when the material varies. As you know the solid timber flooring is the planks of timber, which can be laid on the subfloor or simply made as structural floor. It is held with joists and is sanded and polished after installation.
On the other hand, engineered timber floorboards are a combination of a layer of thin timber on top of a thick board of ply. It is a prefinished product, which is either pasted on the subfloor or uses floating floor technique. All these materials have their own merit and demerit, thus choose the right flooring after considering your purpose and aesthetic.
Grading of Timber
Timbers are graded mostly according to its colour, structure and density. It helps in distinguishing the timber and what purpose it can serve. When you check the supply material, you can know that the materials provided are useful for the purpose of building if you see the grade.
Is the Timber Used for Flooring Eco-friendly?
Timbers being eco-friendly does not only mean that it is bio-degradable. It also considers the factors like low carbon footprint, sustainability and recycling. You should also make sure that the timber is not sourced from illegal harvest. Check the FSC or PEFC certification on the timber.
When you are planning to hire a contractor for the installation of your floor, there are certain tips that you must keep in mind –
- Do not go for any popular company blindly. Check the services provided and compare the pricing with other competitive companies. Go only for the best option that suits your budget and requirements.
- Decide on the type of flooring you would need. Discuss with your contractor about the requirements beforehand.
- Do not force your imagination and negate the professional advice. They have more experience and would only suggest the best possible result keeping your requirements in mind.
- Choose a cost-effective deal over a cheaper option. Just how the solid timber flooring may have expensive initial investment, but on the long run it is one of the most cost-effective options.
- Tips on what you should plant for deer and when to do it July 23, 2021
- The Dark History of Asbestos Revealed July 1, 2021
- Save time and money by hiring Kitchen Remodeling Services June 23, 2021
- Examining Types of Steel Doors in Mississippi Homes June 19, 2021
- Important Tips to Find the Best Architects in Town June 12, 2021
- Dispose Household Trash at a Reasonable Price With a Junk Removal Service June 9, 2021
- Silestone New Jersey – The Best Counter For You June 3, 2021